Monday 22 September 2014

R+0: Missed 2 Plays, Physiological Effect.

TBH head sludge hit from the outset, I wasn't really entirely with it and wasn't really ready to trade when I started. I'm not saying I didn't want to trade, I got up and did the prep, so clearly had the impetus. I just wasn't ready by which I mean I wasn't completely awake, patient, calm and concentrated.

This seems to be one of the cruelty's of trading that: if you aren't on the ball you don't just have a less productive day (like most people/jobs) you lose money and/or the opportunity to make money!

The last couple of weeks I've been getting up and starting at a very specific time like I've done for practically the whole of my trading "career".  But I noticed those 2 weeks of joyful trading (some weeks ago) occurred when I started trading when I felt ready to trade (completely awake, concentrated and relaxed) rather than when I felt like I should trade.

The interesting thing is that what I'm describing is physiological not psychological. I'm not having negative thoughts I just found it hard to concentrate on all things (emails and reading included). But my initial thoughts are that its psychological because the physiological symptoms are in my head.

Classic case of over-thinking rather than looking to the most obvious reason first? Probably!

Anyway what are the fixes? Not sure, going to try the following...

  1. Work mindset:  Doing this LOA stuff first thing, to think positive. (happy mind)
  2. Do a little physical exercise, yeah I've let this slip recently! (warmed up body)
  3. Do a little mental exercise,  never done this but stands to reason to warm head before expecting it to work. I'm thinking maybe a long multiplication/division sum. (warmed up mind)
  4. Healthy breakfast and hydrated (happy body)
  5. failing that Coffee!!

Feel there's something I want to say about taking part and winning. It's true that I should be trading/playing to win but if I can't/dont take part in the correct manner I'm never going to be able to achieve this!

NB: also took off the 8 SMA today and changed the 20EMA so its a little more subtle, find PA stands out better.

EU obs:

UJ Obs:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.