Friday 12 September 2014

Psychology of "Trading to Win"

I think I might finally understand "Trading to Win". Tbh to me it sounds better as "playing to win" because win implies a competition and I find it far easier to think of that as a game rather than a war (This is probably because I'm not a huge fan of confrontation).

Anyway I have been getting up for years wanting to trade and that is exactly what I've gotten. I've bought and sold money, the net result has been a loss but I got exactly what I set out each day to do. In recent weeks I've been playing to win which has meant using a little more insight. Not in terms of avoiding trades, these are almost always valid however my management of each will change, widening ISLs to the next tipping point (placing then were they need to be rather than where I want them to be or look best) also my willingness to SAR should a good trade go against me. These actions are ones that are trying to keep me in potentially profitable moves or immediately trying getting back to BE should one go against me (not in a revengeful way, simply in terms of probabilities, if a high prob play fails then something is clearly up and taking the other direction in all this weakness is probably the best idea IMHO).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.